THE JOURNEY TO NET-ZERO WATER
A week-long webathon hosted by WWT
22 June - 26 June
Daily: 11:30-12:30 (BST)
WWT is hosting a week of webinars to explore the key steps and challenges facing water companies as they mobilise to deliver the sector’s 2030 net zero emissions commitment.
KEY TOPICS WILL INCLUDE:
- Energy use and generation: energy efficiency, renewables, waste to energy, energy storage
- Water and wastewater treatment processes
- Transport: EVs, alternative fuels
- Tackling capital carbon and embedded carbon in construction projects
- Biodiversity and rehabilitation of natural environments
HEAR FROM EXPERT SPEAKERS INCLUDING:
Technical lead – innovation
Director of environment
Dwr Cymru Welsh Water
Head of carbon neutrality
Renewable energy specialist
Energy and carbon manager
Water Resources South East
A WEEK OF EXCLUSIVE WEBINARS
On each day of the webathon we will scrutinize a different aspect of the sector’s decarbonization and sustainability challenge.
The launch event for our Journey to net zero “webathon” will include an inspirational keynote to supercharge the industry’s determination to tackle the grand challenges ahead as it aims to become a net zero sector by 2030. This motivational scene-setting keynote will be followed by discussion between leading industry authorities on our “In focus” decarbonisation topic – energy use and generation.
Webinar listeners can pre-submit questions, queries or challenges to our speakers, or submit these during the live event. To submit a question (anonymously) in advance, please use this form.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Heidi Mottram, Chief executive, Northumbrian Water
- Howard Perry, Energy manager, Severn Trent
- Alex Riley, Renewable energy specialist, Anglian Water
- Dan Blunt, Programme strategy manager, Anglian Water