Collaborative Innovation in the Water Industry
Learn how to fast track innovative solutions with active and committed collaboration
In-person training Course, 30 November 2021 : National Conference Centre, Birmingham
Course moderators: Professor Tony Conway and Dr Kamal Birdi
Bringing collaboration to life: practical steps to ensure success
Sharing insights from over 5 years of academic and industry research, Professor Tony Conway and Dr Kamal Birdi will share the key learnings and outcomes from their work with the £3.9million TWENTY65 Water Research Programme. Based around the highly acclaimed “Collaborative Innovation in the Water Industry: How to make it happen*”, this course will arm you with the practical tools to drive collaboration, win funding and ensure success for your innovation projects.
“……the case for collaborative innovation is beyond doubt, how do we make it happen? While there are many individual examples of effective collaborative innovation in the UK water sector, evidence of how and why those examples were successful can be hard to find. What are the actions we need to take to ensure that projects have collaborative innovation baked in at every stage, from initiation to implementation?
Learn how to overcome the challenges in collaborative innovation in the water industry*”
Working with your peers with small group exercises and industry case studies, you will build your own innovation checklist and understand the changes required for future success.
- Identify industry priorities and concerns
- Understand how to build trust and create a shared vision
- Gain practical insight to help shape innovation funding applications
- Learn new ways to work with internal and external partners
- Gain new skills and tools to ensure successful project outcomes
Based around the three key areas:
Understanding the challenge – Building the environment for successful collaboration – Upskilling the team
- What’s holding us back? Deep dive into the challenges in the utilities industry
- Communicating the shared vision: trust and engagement with your end-user
- Collaborative thinking principles
- Delivering value from innovation and creating impact
- Ensuring change is customer-centric
|Training course only||£499 + VAT|
|Training course (if you are also attending the conference)||£399 + VAT|